About the role
We are a small but rapidly growing charity at an exciting moment in our evolution. We are looking for an exceptional person to take on the role of Treasurer / Trustee. The successful candidate will have a background in finance.
About the charity
Pledgeball is a young, research-backed charity that works with stakeholders across the sports community, from clubs to County FAs, from fans including partners the Football Supporters’ Association to governing bodies, to raise awareness and motivate fans to take action on climate and environmental sustainability. The Board of Trustees is responsible for the strategic overview of Pledgeball. It conducts its business through online meetings and follows agreed processes and procedures. It produces reports to funders and, where appropriate, to the Charity Commission.
Main Duties of a Trustee (as listed by the Charity Commission)
• Ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes to the public benefit
• Comply with the charity governing document and the law
• Act is the charity’s best interests
• Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
• Act with reasonable care and skill
• Ensure the charity is accountable
• Dedication to the charity’s cause and objectives and willing to act as the charity’s ambassador to external bodies, individuals, charities and companies.
Key tasks of the Treasurer Trustee
The treasurer will oversee the monitoring of the organisation’s finances on behalf of the whole board of trustees, to report regularly on them to the board, and to make sure that money is properly managed. They will ensure that bookkeeping, record keeping, and budgeting are done properly. This includes:
• Ensuring proper systems are in place for budgeting, financial control and reporting;
• Keeping all trustees properly informed about the state of the organisation’s finances;
• Ensuring financial reports to the trustees are comprehensible and properly discussed;
• Ensuring accounts and other financial reports are produced in the proper form and on time as required by other bodies (such as the Charity Commission);
• Overseeing the appointment and communications with auditors or independent examiners, according to legal requirements;
• Liaising with the CEO on strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources;
• Act as a signatory for online banking requests.
A commitment to the role and time required
At least 3 trustee meetings a year (around 1/1.5 hours’ duration on weekday evenings). These are held online due to the geographical spread of the trustee body. Some occasional phone calls during the day may be required.
Trustees are expected to check their email at least once a week in order to keep up with matters pertaining to Pledgeball.
Trustees may be invited to voluntarily participate in staff/volunteer events or external events.
This is an unpaid role. Reasonable expenses, e.g. travel costs, reimbursed.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a covering letter (maximum 1 page) including:
- Why you are interested in the role of Treasurer Trustee at Pledgeball
- Your relevant experience
- Details of two references that can be contacted prior to appointment
Please email the covering letter to the Chair of Trustees, Nik Kieboom, email@example.com
The closing date is Sunday 10th December 2023.