Job title: PR/Communications Manager
Salary: £33,000 pro rata (equates to £19,800)
Hours: 24 hrs per week (flexible working)
Job location: Can be remote but Bristol office is available
Responsible to: CEO
Responsible for Communications Team (currently consisting of volunteers)
Open to freelancers
We particularly welcome applicants from an ethnic minority, as they are under-represented within our organisation.
Are you passionate about sport and using it as a platform to address climate change and environmental sustainability? Do you thrive in a varied, fast-moving environment? If so, we have an exciting opportunity as PR and Communications Manager at Pledgeball! As a PR and Communications Manager, you will be at the forefront of shaping our communication strategy and elevating our brand presence. Your role will be integral to our mission, as you collaborate with the CEO to drive our communication efforts, build our brand identity, and engage our audiences effectively.
We’re looking for a professional who will effectively engage a variety of stakeholders across a wide range of communication channels, from fans to businesses. As a young charity, we are looking for an individual who is willing to take the initiative, take ownership of the PR and comms, and be flexible in their role, potentially supporting on aspects that do not fit within the job title, supporting the CEO in the varied work of Pledgeball.
The job will involve (but is not limited to):
- Generation of comms and marketing strategy that fulfils charity development plan
- Ensuring the fulfilment of this strategy through coordinating the volunteer social media team and generating content
- Tracking and reporting (internal and external) of communications
- Ensuring the Pledgeball website is updated with regards to comms and marketing
- Managing the team of volunteers working on social media, communications and public relations
- Communicating and coordinating with the comms teams of football and sports clubs and organisations
- Attendance at sector specific events
- Flexibility to take on some aspects outside these descriptions to support the work of the CEO
The skills we are looking for are as follows.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to create engaging emails, social media posts, press releases and blogs
- Ability to strategise and think about the larger brand image
- Ability to lead and develop a successful communications team
- In-depth knowledge of PR channels, such as newspapers, magazines and TV networks
- Interpersonal skills and creativity
- Skilled at generating analytics, tracking impact and using this to inform comms strategy
- Experienced in communicating with sports fans
- Ability to generate creative content
- Ability to effectively manage teams
- Willingness to learn and to undertake training on effective engagement on climate
- Experienced in engaging people on climate
- Experience of organising events
Pledgeball is a young, research-backed charity that works with stakeholders across the sports community, from clubs to County FAs, from fans including partners the Football Supporters’ Association to governing bodies, to raise awareness and motivate fans to take action on climate and environmental sustainability. The team currently consists of a CEO, 1 part time member of staff and a volunteer team of around 10-15 people.
Why join us?
We offer flexible hours, as well as the ability to enjoy our office located in central Bristol, and to work from home. By joining Pledgeball, you’ll be part of an exciting, rapidly growing charity powered by a team of passionate staff and volunteers, where collaboration and support is at the heart. As well as all this, you will receive enrolment into an ethical pension scheme, 15 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
All applicants must provide at least two independent references. We are committed to providing services that embrace diversity and promote equality of opportunity. The successful candidate must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Closing Date: 11th October 2023 5pm BST
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com